In another slow start in a season full of expectations for the Arizona Cardinals (4-4) they face a steep test to start the second half of the season, as known rivals the Seattle Seahawks (5-3) make their annual trip to the desert. These teams always play each other close since 2013 with the road team winning 75% of the time. You don’t have to look far to remember last year snorefest that ended in a 6-6 tie. With that being said the Cardinals haven’t beaten the Seahawks at home since Russell Wilson’s first game, WHOA. In order for the Arizona Cardinals to remain in serious contention and keep from falling back further in a closer-than-we-get-credit-for NFC West division race and wild card standings. Here is 5 Bold Predictions of why Arizona Cardinals will “upset” the ‘Hawks on Thursday Night Football and make the West very interesting down the stretch, Because if they don’t we might be on the horizon of the end of the Bruce Arians Era. Here’s why that won’t happen:
1. They get to Russell Wilson EARLY and OFTEN. Chandler Jones has 9 sacks already this season. Multi sack game for him plus the Cardinals keep constant pressure on Wilson. (In last years Week 15 contest the Cardinals sacked Wilson 6 times)
2. Adrian Peterson hates the ‘Hawks. The Seahawks have a special Knack for shutting down AP keeping him around 2 yards per carries in the last two contest. Look for him to run with some extra motivation. (Keep in mind it’s a short week after 37 carries)
3. DO OR DIE. Face it, the Cardinals have a chance to redefine their season and attempt to find their way back to relevancy. A win a against the Seahawks does just that.
4. Home Cooking- It’s prime time in the desert. Biggest Thursday Night Football game the valley has seen. The energy should be electric. In the Cardinals favor
5. The Seahawks continue their slump from last week. It’s a short week and they’re coming off a demoralizing home loss to the Washington Redskins, don’t be surprise to see a carry over with the quick turn around.