Let’s face it, being alone sucks. Humans aren’t intended to be isolated which is why solitude is a form of such severe punishment in an already unfathomable place, like prison. Now, we’re all free (hopefully, I heard they’ve got androids in jail) but for those of us who are free and still in search of accomplishing a worthy goal; we must establish a team.This is mandatory in order to gain any real success, you think Steve Jobs created the iPhone alone? At All? NO. It required a well oiled machine of team just to produce one. The tricky part about a team is it can only go as far as the weakest link, so as a leader you must take careful evaluation in surrounding yourself with like minded individual in pursuit of a common goal. If you can pull that off, it’s only a matter of time until the team accomplished what it set out for. Easy right?
Wrong. A lot of the time we choose the wrong team. We’re human, a lot of the time it’s family/friends or sometimes it’s yes men, enablers, or even just negative spirits. Whatever the case may be, I’m here today to provide a refresher. Keep your eye out for these 7 subtle signs as you evaluate your circle to decide if it’s good for you or not.
- CLOSED MINDED INDIVIDUALS. Typically shoots down ideas, new ways of thinking, or has no real ambition outside of present situation. Sticks to outdated beliefs.
- DISLOYAL. A lot of the time it’s not the act, it’s the principle. The first act of disloyalty, should be the last.
- NEGATIVE SPIRIT. We all know that one person who’s always unhappy and bring gloom to the room. Keep ’em away.
- YES MAN. This is the worst, keep a team who calls a spade a spade.
- LAZY. Dreams without work are DEAD. If you’re not working daily at it, it probably won’t happen. Constant work!
- INCONSISTENT. Consistency is key, if they’re only around half the time, they’re a part timer.
- INDIFFERENT. When real success is at stake, passion is a must. Non caring attitudes are just that, not caring. Find a team just as passionate about the goal as you are.
Now there’s a lot more signs to look out for, but these are seven key signs that reveal themselves more often than you would think. Keep an eye out constantly with the reminder that with a solid team ANYTHING is possible, as I the saying goes; they say a midget standing on a giants shoulder can see much further than a giant.
Follow me on Instagram @pod_son